Friday, July 24, 2009

My Favorite Flavor

My favorite flavor happens to be caramel and more specifically SALTED caramel. Last week I was watching the food network this guy made a simple salted caramel. So I decided to replicate it as best I could to assist in sautéing some bananas to top the dutch baby pancakes we had for dinner tonight.

Recipe:

4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/3-1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp heavy cream
2 tsp kosher salt
3 bananas - sliced thick

1) melt butter in pan until bubbles subside at medium
2) add sugar and heat until it begins to brown (you will be able to tell by color and smell that it is getting close)
3) add salt
4) reduce heat to med-low and add cream (it will bubble aggressively so don't be freaked) whisking constantly until incorporated
5) add bananas and cook until softened and heated through

enjoy!

No comments: