Monday, July 11, 2011

Edgewood (over)Eats - Food Truck Gathering



Every Monday in Palo Alto at a semi shutdown shopping plaza there is a gathering of food trucks. The trucks that gather there alternate and there are usually between 8 and a dozentrucks. This week I went there for the 4th time and got to try one truck I have been to before and one new one that I have been meaning to try (oh and I got a cupcake from a cupcake van).

First the repeat truck - Eat On Monday. Fusion tacos mostly but also had what looked to be a yummy fusiony cheesesteak sandwich. I got a couple
of tacos as this was my 2nd dinner (which I ate first). One was a pork belly taco which was tremendous. Really delicious. Tender pork belly, jalapenos and a touch of cilantro. I could eat a dozen of these, literally. The second taco was a braised short rib taco which I had before. Good as well, tastes like a good cabeza taco from a true taco truck. This truck is my favorite fusion taco truck and will go again and again.


The second truck is one I have wanted and
meaning to try for a while. Saw it last week at OTG UN Plaza and another truck trumped it. Today was the day to treat myself to An the Go. This is the truck form of a set of SF restaurants that have been specializing in a family recipe of garlic noodles for over 40 years. I got the garlic noodles with beef skewer. 40 years and I can see why they continue making it. Really seemingly simple but complex layered flavors with a kick. Yum. Worth going to for sure.

No comments: