Monday, January 30, 2006

The Exercise Experiment

The Motivation:
Dan’s brother Dave made a resolution last year to do 1 push-up and 1 sit-up (or crunch) per day for the number of days that it is in the year. For example if it is January 20th one would do 20 push-ups and 20 crunches, then on December 31st one would do 365 of each for that day.

The Conversation(s):
During 2005 Dan mentioned this resolution to me and it really sounded like a clever and great idea. Then on January 26th Dan was mentioning to me that he was trying it this year and well I said why the heck not start.

The Problem:
I hate exercising and need the motivation of Dan doing it and R yelling at me about it. This blog is a furtherance of my publicizing it to ensure I don’t back down.

The Beginning:
So I began on the 26th and did 26 (girly) push-ups and 26 crunches. That was the most push-ups I think I have ever done in my life. At the point I began I weighed 198lbs and had a waist of 34”.

Current Status:
I have just finished my 5th day and I did ½ the push-ups non-girly and they are getting a bit easier. Still not that easy but I am improving. My hope is that by the end of next week (when I am at about 40) I can easily do 2 sets of 20 normal push-ups.

Updates:
Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Lee Schneider said...

I heard that Fox had cancelled this blog. Glad to see that Showtime decided to pick it up.

Dan Ciruli said...

Now that it's on Showtime do you think it'll have more lesbian sex?