Thursday, February 02, 2006

Exercise, TV, Sports

Exercise Program: Today is the 8th day of the new regimen and I have done my push-ups. 100% of them non-girly style. Getting easier. Still laboring when I get close to 15 or so (did 2 sets) but I am noticing them becoming easier. I realized yesterday that as I was doing them I wasn't breathing properly, or at all. I was holding my breath as I did push-ups (and sit-ups for that matter). Amusing at some level until I pass out. The good news is that now I am breathing and noticing small changes in my body already. Dropped to 197 (small fluctuation I know but it is an update). R started doing them as well although she is going to cap out at 100 push-ups and when she hits like 50 she will go 50/50 regular style and girly style hoping to achieve 100 push-ups a day regular style. I enlisted another guy at work to participate as well. Dan gave me the cool code at the top that allows for the auto-incrementation announcing the number of push-ups (and sit-ups) I am doing each day. He also whined that I didn't like his blog. happy Dan? Stay tuned for further updates.

TV:
The Office has continued to be stellar. There have been a few melancholy moments but all in all I am impressed with the timing and delivery of the material. Steve Carell won the Golden Globe for best comedic actor which means that 2 different actors have won a Globe for playing essentially the same role, as Ricky Gervais won it last year (or the year before). Speaking of Ricky Gervais, he and Stephen Merchant (The Office co-creator) have a podcast that is freaking hilarious. Go to: Guardian Unlimited to get it (or iTunes). Very amusing stuff and the most downloaded podcasts ever.

Sports:
Super Bowl - Here are my picks (so be sure to bet against them):

Over/Under - 47 - take the under, 2 really solid defensive teams
Spread - Pitt -4.5 - honestly I would take the Hawks, I think they will at least cover
Coin flip - Take heads, Lee


College Basketball (Pac -10 edition) - the Pac sucks this year. Dan said it was 'cool that UW
lost both games in the bay area last weekend which is crazy talk (happy I linked you twice now). Having ZERO premiere teams in the conference means the Pac will get a whopping 3 teams in the dance. Unless a team goes on a tear I expect it is UCLA, UW, and UofA. Cal is too up and down. That is it.

3 comments:

Dan Ciruli said...

Hey, if you're going to say "CV" instead of resume, perhaps you should use other britishisms. Like by having an "Exercise Programme" and by referring to your weight in stones instead of pounds.

The Office is stellar. And, like the British version, the melancholy moments are among its best.

Way to write about an originally-British show, a British actor, then link to a British site. Why aren't you giving us Manchester United updates instead of Pittsburgh Steelers updates?

Dan Ciruli said...

Oh, and thanks for the link to the best grid computing blog.

Lee Schneider said...

Man U, 3-nil.