Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Conversions

Slingbox:
After all this time I bet you thought I forgot about the love affair I am having with a lovely device called the Slingbox. Read this post to get refreshed on how much I love this thing. Umm it rocks. So I believe it recently won the best in show award or something like that at CES. Enough of that onto the real content - Sunday was the Super Bowl and ABC was airing a new episode of the show that always makes my friend, the baby, Dan cry. Well as it always does the Super Bowl ran a bit long which means that people with a TiVo but without the forethought to pad the end of Grey’s Anatomy would miss the last 30 minutes or so of the program. Well one of those aforementioned people is Dan. I receive a franticish call from him asking if I could save Grey’s and somehow he would watch it. Just at that moment a light bulb went off above my head… “Hey Dan, want to just watch it via my Slingbox?” Ta da. Dan was able to view it and said the quality was great. There we have yet another converted fan Slingbox. I think I should get some free schwag or something if you are listening.

Exercise:
Speaking of conversions I got another sucker, I mean person, here at work doing the ‘regimen’. He like me started with ‘girly’ push-ups but really thinks this is a great motivator to actually do exercise he wouldn’t otherwise do. I am still floored that there is nothing really written about this anywhere on the internet.
For me I am doing my daily (39 today) sets and then tacking on a good 3 or 4 extra sets of 10 or 15. I feel that the extra sets will pay dividends in a few weeks when I am ‘required’ to do that many. I hope my strength improves because I feel like a weakling during my 2nd full set to complete the days quota.

Sports:
Cal v. StanfUrd tomorrow night. Crucial game for both teams chances to make the dance. That is all for now for fear of being a jinx.

3 comments:

Dan Ciruli said...

1. It was the best use of the internet I've ever seen. This is why Al Gore invented it.

2. Thirty-nine in a row. Still in one set. I still wonder how long I'll be able to keep that up.

3. Most anticipated game all year.

Anonymous said...

One would presume that if one wanted to be contacted by a person from Sling Media, one would make their own contact info easy to find...

ps - you should be able to find me pretty easily from this post. :)

Dan Ciruli said...

Jeremy -- you can contact me if you want to: danciruli at hotmail dot com.