Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bao Chicken Wow Wow?


Food truck fun (or is it Food Druck fun?) continues for me as I chose to stalk another truck. Today I went to Chairman Bao (@charimantruck on Twitter). In looking at the menu I was stoked to try both a baked and a steamed bun but when I got there no baked buns were available.

I ordered 2 buns both steamed. Pork belly was one. Really good, tender, well cooked. Delicious. Red sesame chicken for the second. Supposedly spicy but not incredibly. The pork belly bun was certainly the star of the 2.

This brings me to a larger/better food truck issue. They are using twitter pretty well (certainly some better than others). Here are some points that frustrate me and think they could improve on:
  1. publish up to date menus - either tweet or post on their web pages if common items are not available
  2. be more descriptive on where you are going to be - posting a street address with no city isn't incredibly useful for those of us not in SF (aka food stalkers)
  3. use the new square app so I don't have to lug cash with me (minor nit)
The Chairman was good but not great and falls to a function of not having what I wanted (guess part of that is my fault for having expectations).

No comments: