Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My New Obsession

So if you have been following my Twitter or Facebook feed you will note that I have a new obsession. That obsession has a name and that name is Multi-ethnic Food Trucks! I have been on the periphery of this scene for years. 2 years ago I had an amazing taco truck serve food for my 40th birthday party at my house. In the process of researching that I read a number of articles about the high end food truck scene and got intrigued. I know that I am about a year or so late to the pool but I am diving in head first. In the past 5 days I have now eaten at 4 different trucks and will review them 1x1. I will begin to take photos of the food I eat to log it.

Something that helps a ton is Twitter. The trucks post their locations each morning and I can plan my attack if it is a food truck kinda day. I now am following about 31 trucks on this list page : http://twitter.com/#!/mposki/food-trucks. I am beginning to expand my list to SF and SJ trucks as well as with all the tech companies around here they sometimes show up and I want to know when they are around.

Another nerdy tool to find some trucks is TruxMap which serves to show locations of a few of the trucks for that day. Nerdy tools help find interesting food.

Next blog post: Review of MoGo BBQ Food Truck.

No comments: