Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MoGo BBQ Truck

The first of I imagine many review I will write is the first truck I tried recently: MoGo BBQ (@MoGoBBQ on twitter). This is a truck that describes itself as gourmet Korean BBQ. I think that gourmet might be a stretch but one of the two things I ate were damned good (the other was just good).

On their menu there are a number of tacos, quesadillas, and other goodies all with a Korean flair. I chose to order the sliders (short ribs, spam, cabbage slaw on hawaiian rolls) and the dirty dog (hot dog wrapped in bacon, covered in kimchi and other stuff).

The sliders were great, just really tasty. Wonderfully cooked short ribs. The spam wasn't something I expected or would have otherwise ordered but I was really pleased. All of it was set on the sweet rolls and really a tasty treat for $6. Not sure if it alone would have filled me up for lunch but certainly with a small side it would have been an ideal and tasty lunch.

The dog was less thrilling. The bacon wasn't cooked fully which took away from the overall quality of the dog. It was a bit of a mess but with a name like Dirty Dog what should I have expected. I think that it was a bit of mishmosh of flavors but with better cooked bacon I would have enjoyed it a ton more.

Overall MoGo is a really good truck, quick turn around for the food. Great prices. One other knock was there was a limited drink selection the day I went.

My official review (out of 5) would be 3.5 stars (or should I use tires as my unit of measure?).

No comments: