Thursday, June 30, 2011

Camion d'aujourd'hui a été Le Truc (Today's Truck was Le Truc)

Hard to call this a truck as it is actually a repurposed school bus. Inside the bus there are 2 benches about 8 or 10' long which allows you to eat inside. Totally unique and quite interesting to say the least. I had driven by this truck several times as it is right around the corner from where my 2 favorite trucks set up shop regularly (246 Ritch St. aka The Lunch Box). I finally took the dive and decided to grab lunch there today and not to tease the outcome I am really glad I did!
Always a good sign when I walk into a restaurant or in this case up to a truck and have a challenging time deciding on what to get. On the menu there are a series of salads (3), sandwiches (4 or 5), burgers (2) and sides and desserts. The things that caught my eye were: a wedge green goddess salad, a blue cheese cheesesteak sandwich, a chicken meatball sub, a chicken parm sandwich, a burger and then some yummy looking desserts.

So I decided upon a chicken meatball sub, garlic fries, a blondie (then a couple of brownies to take home). Starting with the sub: putting it simply really yummy! Rich sauce, pepperocini and a soft french roll. Something I have come to love are simple sandwiches made well (see The Rib Whip's brisket sandwich and Bakesale Betty's fried chicken sandwich), this sandwich is certainly one of them. The fries were shoestring and good, not great but heck they are fries (and were sitting in a box for 20 minutes as I drove back to my office with the lunch). The blondie was good, a tad drier than I like but I did like it.

Overall this is a truck that I will definitely try again and again. I want to try many of the other interesting things on the menu and look well forward to it. Stay tuned for rankings.

No comments: