Thursday, June 02, 2011

Today's Lunch - The Rib Whip and dessert from 3SumEats


Yes the obsession continues. Today I ventured from work and drove 10 miles into SF for a food truck stalking. Both of the trucks I ate from today were trucks that I had enjoyed before and (SPOILER ALERT) both utterly wow'd me again. Let's start with lunch:

The Rib Whip (Midwest BBQ) - I had eaten at this truck before but missed out on their actual bbq (theguy that puts the meat on overnight forgot, or something). The first time I went I had the Whip Burger which was really good just not the BBQ I wanted and was looking for. You can see from the menu they have some yummy stuff on the list. The wings and pork are definitely things I will try the next time I stalk this truck.

So today I had the brisket. It is pricey but holy smokes (get it smokes?) it was amazing. I make my own smoke
d brisket, and am smoking one tomorrow actually, and I am humbled by their craftsmenship. The
sandwich was a pretty simple thing in design: lots of brisket, lots of sauce, and a soft french roll. Super complex flavors and smokey goodness. Quite messy but wow, have I said wow as to how good this was?




Dessert time - Parked right next to them (there were 6 trucks at Off The Grid lunch at the UN Plaza) was 3SumEats. I had a great BLT and some philly cheesesteak potstickers the first time I was at this truck but since I had already eaten a sandwich the desserts caught my eye. They had a moon pie filled with peanut butter mousse (no pic). For those that don't know a moon pie is a treat usually made with 2 graham cracker cookies and marshmallow in the middle. This one was made of 2 chocolate cake cookies (delicate and delicious) and the aforementioned peanut butter mousse. It was really really good, REALLY! Once again 3Sum pleased my palate and I am looking forward to the next time I run them down.

The different lunch gatherings for trucks in SF is a phenomenal way to get to more than 1 truck at a time and taste some good good stuff.

No comments: