Wednesday, October 19, 2005

All Right Now...

Sucky World Series:
It all ends with 2 horribly uninspiring teams are playing in this years WS. I cannot imagine anyone outside of the north side of Chicago or the city of Houston caring about this. I guess there is intrigue as one team has a shot at winning their first and the other team has a chance of winning their first since 1917, otherwise ugh. Lee says that people who appreciate good pitching would appreciate this. I say Lee is a sucker. Go Angels!

Surgery:
It was today and wow what a big hunk of flesh was removed from my leg. The surgery went quite well and the doctor is pretty confident that all is well. I get to swim in Hawaii which wasn’t a concern until the doctor told me not to go in the water for 2 weeks. Well 2 weeks from today I go to Hawaii, phew. I decided that since I am now a cancer survivor, albeit a bland form of non-life threatening cancer, that I should get a bracelet. Since as previously described this is the good type of cancer I vote my bracelet is beige. Beige for bland.

Prius Update:
I think I am approaching a 48mpg tank of gas. I am pretty jazzed about it and am in the process of increasing my familiarity with the car itself. Lots of cool nerd toys.

TV Time:
Dan did note that I only commented on the NEW shows that Drucker watches and likes. Well Here is a list of the old shows that would get an A from Drucker:
  • The Office
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • Arrested Development
  • Veronica Mars
  • Gilmore Girls (yes guys I know on the last 2 shows it makes me some kind o f a chick)
  • Family Guy
  • Grey’s Anatomy
  • The Daily Show
Each of these aforementioned shoes would easily get an A or A- from Drucker. These are shows that I would not stop watching until they are cancelled (or for the Family Guy, cancelled again).

Here is my new and improved TV diet:
Monday: Arrested Development, Kitchen Confidential, Prison Break, How I Met Your Mother - 2.5 hours
Tuesday
: Gilmore Girls, My Name is Earl, The Office, Supernatural, The Amazing Race, L&O SVU, WSOP (almost over) - 6 hours
Wednesday: Veronica Mars, Lost, Invasion, L&O - 4 hours
Thursday
: Survivor, The OC, Alias, Everbody Hates Chris, ER - 3.5 hours
Friday: Nothing!
Saturday
: Nothing
Sunday
: Extras, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Simpsons, Family Guy, West Wing, American Dad, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy - 4.5 hours

4 days a week of The Daily Show and a couple of the Colbert Report. So basically I now watch about 24 hours a week. Good times.

So as noted from yesterday’s blog and the above paragraph I have been watching Supernatural. It is an odd, offbeat and extra creepy show dealing with the solving of certain urban legends (so far Bloody Mary and next week the campfire tale of the man with a hook hand). This week’s was extra creepy and really quite graphic. The amusing thing is that one of the characters is supposedly from StanfUrd and the end of the episode they played All Right Now which brought about the following conversation:
Me: “what the heck?”
R:”This is my favorite show EVER”
Me:”Just because they play your lame fight song?”
R: “Lame is the new cool.”
Me: “That was lame.”
R:”No THAT was cool.”
The good thing is that recounting this conversation is not nearly as funny as I originally thought it was.

2 comments:

Dan Ciruli said...

1. Your map is upside down. Leroy Brown and the White Sox are both from the SOUTH side of Chicago, and they'd kick your ass if they knew you messed that up.

2. I'm wearing an invisible bracelet for you right now.

3. Thanks for the note on your "tv diet." Is it working? Are you slimming down? I guess that depends on how many of those 24 hours you're on the treadmill.

4. I can't believe you married someone who went to StanfUrd.

5. I REALLY can't believe you messed up the South Side and the North Side of Chicago.

Dan Ciruli said...

Man, sometimes the word verification sucks. It took me 3 tries that time before I got one I could read!