Monday, October 10, 2005

Angels in the Outfield

Slingbox:
So this thing IS super cool, still. My love of this device has yet to wane. I was able to access it from my office which was neat. I am working to improve the bandwidth from my house. According to the people at Slingmedia if I can up my speed to somewhere around 512k up I will be good to go for remote viewing of my TiVo. Currently my DSL stinks on ice: 400 down, 100 up. SBC cannot improve my speed due to crappy old copper here in the RWC. Drucker is a genius though (and not sure why it took this neat invention to get me to be so smart). So here is the gameplan:
  • getting a cable modem installed on Friday which will give me 6 megabits down, 768k up
  • once I get the cable modem installed I am going to call SBC and get them to start work on getting me up on their fiber optic line (they have to shut my DSL down for a week to do the work)
  • I will then be able to evaluate between which is faster and more stable over the 3 weeks (the cable and DSL will allow me to cancel after a month)
All this being said I will have faster internet and the ability to watch TV anywhere. Go TV!

Football:
I refuse to talk about the game this past Saturday. I am jus that mature.

Baseball:
I do not refuse to talk about this. The Angels played an amazing series capped off by an incredible game. Tonight’s game was pure grit by the Angels. Colon leaves after pitching 1 inning, Santana (a 22 year old) comes in and gives up 2 runs quickly, then the Angels claw back into it and take the game and series. It was just a phenomenal game. Go Angels. They have to fly to Chicago tonight and are playing 21 hours after the game ended. Someone said that the Angels will play 3 games in 3 different cities, traveling 7200 miles. Go Angels!

TV:
Drucker loves TV.

2 comments:

Lee Schneider said...

So you can watch tv from work with slingblade, and you telecommute to work from home with vpn? Sounds like you are often in the wrong place for the thing you want to do.

Dan Ciruli said...

Wait, I'm confused. First: you can get cable with only a one-week commitment? Second: you can make SBC install fiber to your house? How can you make them do that? Because you threatened to get cable for a week? Don't get me wrong, it's a great plan. I just don't understand how you got to be so powerful. Are your SlingMedia friends helping you out?