Friday, October 07, 2005

Coolest THING Ever!

Slingbox:
Officially the coolest thing EVER. Bought it and installed it. It is a remarkable piece of technology. The installation is 4 steps: hook up the AV from the TiVo to the box, hook up the ethernet cable from the router to the box, hook the IR blaster up in front of the TiVo, and then just run the set-up wizard and ta-da! There are a couple of idiosyncratic things that I had to do because the TiVo I have it set-up to is an HDTiVo, but wow it is just a cool and amazing thing. Have I said wow yet? So now I am pretty sure I will be able to watch TV anywhere I have internet access. I have been waiting for technology to catch up to my love of TV. Guess what, it did.

Baseball:
Series is tied 1-1, Randy Johnson Pitching tonight, game in NYC. Should be interesting. Paul Byrd has been dealing lately so I think the pitching matchup is more or less a draw, but, it is Randy Johnson. The Angels just need to get some offense going. I am figuring that whoever wins game 3 takes the whole series (not that big of a stretch). Go Angels.

TV:
Didn't I just write about this? Watched this weeks episode of Lost last night and I am more confused than I was before. The people on the other side of the island are part of the plane, the dude in the bunker, the computer thing, Locke's personal life with the voice of Leela from Futurama. I am confused. What further causes me grief and problems is that Invasion follows it and that show might confuse me even more. I hate when TV confuses me. I am dumb I guess.

Peanut Update:
So she is officially potty trained. YAY. We have a Princess Bed en route. the bed thing will be interesting, she likes to play a going to be game where she gets put down and then calls to us. This game only takes like 15 minutes but when she has the chance to get out of where she is lying down, well we shall see.

WSOP:
Good poker on TV. The Main Event starts on ESPN next week. Even though I know the outcome and know more or less how everything happened I am still quite excited about this.

1 comment:

Dan Ciruli said...

How does the CEO of Sling Media know you go by your last name? Man, that's some friends in high places!