Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Brown is the new Red, Purple is the new Blue

Daddy's Wrong:
So for 2 days in a row I realized why I am not allowed to even DISCUSS colors with H. Yesterday we were sitting at the dinner table discussing a Dora episode involving a character named Big Red Chicken (shockingly he is a giant red chicken), She has taken to having a little Fisher Price chicken at the dinner table. In talking with her I said "Oh peanut your chicken is like the big red chicken. How funny." H looks at me quizzically and says "No it isn't, my chicken is brown." I look over at R who is shaking her head and staring at me basically saying you are
a color blind fool. Today I was a bit smarter and cleared my color question with R first but I thought H's purple pajamas matched Blue from Blue's Clues. Purple is not blue in case anyone was wondering. Being color blind ROCKS!

Daddy's Health:
Earlier in the week I went to the dermatologist again. Earlier after I had found that I had the cancer he said I had 3 choices on how to progress: wait and see, some topical medication, and cutting more of my leg out. I went to my appointment on Monday and found that my choices had been reduced by 2. Robin decided the most prudent course of action was to have a chunk taken out of my leg. So basically it is great being married to a doctor. Stay tuned, the surgery (minor with just a local) is going to occur in October. Check back in and here me whine about my leg pain.

TV Report (aka What in the World is Drucker Watching):
The Gilmore Girls started last night and it was great. Looks to be a sharp, snappy season and I look forward to it immensely (yes that makes me extra special gay). In talking with Robin about it yesterday she was saying how excited she was, I asked if she was as excited about the GG as I was about my new Prius (and the 3 of you who read this garbage, and know me know how excitable I am about new toys). Robin answered 'Yes.' I believe her too.


Sports Report:
Gymnastics - Hannah started a new gymnastics class yesterday and loved it. This is the next level for her which means it is more regimented and structured, less free play. She stunned Robin with somersaults and jumping jacks, AND she swung from the trapeze thingy which she hated doing before. Stay tuned as she starts dance class next week.

Baseball- Ok real sports. The Angels build their lead over the As by beating the White Sox then cannot muster anything against the stupid Mariners? They load the bases with no outs in the 9th inning in a 1-1 tie. Double play: 5-2-6, then a line out. What garbage! Then of course the Mariners score in the bottom of the 9th. I am not sure what I hate more, Angels losing baseball games and not competing, or Angels being in a pennant chase and playing like dog junk.

Prius Update: I turned down a chance to go to Walnut Creek to get me a silver Prius. This is a different dealership from the one that I am getting the black one from. Just didn't want to schlep to WC to get my car. Lazy much? Also I saw a Prius on the road with a bumper sticker that read: "My other vehicle is the Millenium Falcon." This is the brotherhood I choose to join.

No comments: