Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Random Stuff

Cute happenings in the Drucker house:
Lyra's (my sister) dog Sonny unfortunately passed late last week. Hannah was incredibly fond of her which forced us to tell her about it and try to explain it as best as she could understand. We told her that Sonny's body stopped working and he would be in our hearts and memories. So when does this get cute? Well when we said he is in our hearts she lifts her shirt and says 'see Sonny is there.' Also, we had chocolate cake for dessert the other night, we chose to hide it the next morning since Hannah takes after mommy and is a chocolate fiend. Upon waking and seeing that there was no chocolate cake available, Hannah said: 'chocolate cake is gone, in my heart, just like Sonny doggy.' Very sweet and cute.


Prius:
The more I read the more excited I get. Just fired up over the Prius. The dealer called yesterday saying that my car later this week or early next. Have I mentioned how stoked I am? A Prius in black. Almost looks like a sports car. All 110 hp of Tokyo muscle!

Sports:
Looks like Marshawn will be starting or at least playing this weekend which is great. Cal really shouldn't need him but it is always better to have all your weapons available. I don't get to go to the game but will be following closely, or as
closely as I can at a 2 year old's birthday party. Good times.

TV:
Have I mentioned my utter love of TV yet? New shows tonight, season premieres, all magic words in my book. Watch this space for the What did Drucker Watch section in.

Books AND Poker:

Just read a cool book about poker and the rise of popularity, AND the richest game in the history. The book is called: Professor, the Banker, and Suicide King. Just a solid read, if you like poker. Started reading another work of non-fiction about an amazing French chef that received 3 Michelin stars and subsequently committed suicide due to his obsession with his craft: Perfectionist is the name.


No comments: