Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Take that Prius

Prius 5, Drucker 1:
So I have officially outsmarted both my car and my existing cell phone. I have a new Prius, duh, and my current phone is a Blackberry 7290 (which has Bluetooth). One of the many cool things in the Prius is an integrated phone system that works with most Bluetooth capable cell phones. Unfortunately there is an odd issue with the 7290 that doesn't allow you to send your phonebook to the car. Having the phonebook in the car allows you to use 1 touch dialing from the car's MFD (multi-function display) while the car is moving. Well here is where I get smart (or smarter than usual). I checked the internet for a solution and and there were a bunch involving the use of a computer and an external Bluetooth dongle and so on… I thought about it and realized thatI have an old Bluetooth capable phone that I had when I was an ATT Wireless customer. This phone has no functions without a sim card (small microchip card that tells the network who you are). I checked on eBay and found that I could get an ATT sim card for $4. Got the card, uploaded my phonebook to my phone and then uploaded my phonebook from my phone to my car. So now I am on the scoreboard. Take that Japanese technology.

3 men, 1 phone call, and the internet:
So Dan, Lee and I were instant messaging to determine a plan for the football game this weekend. Then Dan and I began talking on the phone while we instant messaged with Lee (essentially all we were doing was listening to each other type). Finally Dan was able to do a 3-way phone call with Lee and me. This phone conversation deteriorated to a pissing match between me and Dan about our car’s technology. I am pretty sure that the only place Dan won is on the point that he can remotely roll down his windows. I win overall because my car is $20k less expensive, more technologically advanced (Bluetooth anyone), and gets well over 2x the mileage than his grandma-mobile. This was the end result of 30 minutes of my life that I will never retreive (I can only imagine how Lee felt). So, basically we are all idiots and made no solid plans. I cannot wait to read the comments on this one.

Magic Numbers:
The Angel’s magic # is 2. Which means if they win 1 more game v. the A’s they clinch the division. If they lost at this point I would give up on them forever (overstatement yes, but come on). UPDATE: Clinched it. Take that A's. Take that rest of the AL. The Angels can now rest their weary pitchers and position players for the playoffs.




Passat:

It is going away on Thursday. Man I am going to get boned.

H's Favorite Music:
So for some reason H has fallen in love with the song Funky Town. She just loves it and can sing it fairly well, quite cute. So now when we drive it is no longer: Wiggles, Elmo, and Laurie Berkner, it is: Car Wash, Funkytown, Outkast, EWF and so on. Such a nice transition.

TV:
Tonight Amazing Race starts which is my favorite and best reality show. Love it. Stay tuned. We watched the Desperate Housewives premiere last night and yet again I am confused by a show. Alfrie Woodard has a person locked in the basement? WTF? Was that cell there when they bought the house? Are she and her son eerily flirty with each other? I am lost, and confused and well an idiot. But, I love TV.

3 comments:

Lee Schneider said...

Drucker loves tv. My car goes from 0-60 in under 6 seconds and has AWD. Let's go Oakland!

Dan Ciruli said...

Drucker loves TV? I had no idea. My car can send TV to my phone via bluetooth.

I can't believe Drucker didn't blog about how funny the Office was last night. Laugh-out-loud funny several times.

Go Bears.

Lee Schneider said...

It's Thursday. So did you get boned on the Passat? Throngs of readers are dying to know.