Saturday, September 24, 2005

Grrrrah!


Go Bears:
Last night Cal played NMSU and looked great early then flattened out in the middle and finally stepped it up a bit late. Nice to see that Forsett can step up with Marshawn injured. I am pretty sure that it is 15 or 16 straight games with a 100 yard rusher. Longest stretch in the NCAAs right now. Go Bears. Today I wore a Cal shirt, with a script Cal on it. Hannah looked at it and asked to wear her Cal hat. Smart girl!

2 teams ranked ahead of Cal lost this week so my hope is Cal jumps to 11. The Purdue v. Minn game rocked. 2OT. Minnesota scoring in the 1st OT (Purdue scored a TD on their 1st possession) on a 4th down to extend it to a 2nd. Then they hold Purdue on a 4th down after they had scored a TD in their possession. The other team that lost was Louisville.
They got blown out by South Florida. I was jazzed as, like Utah, they are just a flavor of the week with a spread offense and no defense. Each of these teams (do you hear me Texas Tech) needs to get taken down a notch or 3. The other game I watched was the SC v. Oregon game. Ummm I had thoughts early in the 1st half that SC wasn't that good. Guess what? I was DEAD WRONG. Their offense is sick. We have a chance of being 9-0 when we face them and I honestly think we could just get flat blown out. I hate SC.

Poker:
So whenever there isn't anything on TV and I am surfing channels I can always rely on one of the MILLION poker shows on TV now. Today, again, I was suckered into watching Celebrity Poker Showdown. First problem with it is I hate, no rational reason, Phil Gordon. On the other hand I love Dave Foley as a comedian, as a poker commentator he is worse than Vince VanPatten, which says a lot! The celebrities that they get for this thing crack me up. One episode starred: Rosie O'Donnell, Penny Marshall, Travis Tritt, Mo Gaffney, Eddie Cibrian (starred on the poker drama on ESPN called Tilt). I had to shut this episode off after 3 hands. Eddie Cibrian took down all 3 and it with aggressive play. The killer was watching Rosie and Penny play. Penny Marshall kept referring to an order of hands card to determine how to play. Why would someone go on this show to embarrass themselves like this? But the greatest episode of poker ineptitude was the one with reality TV stars such as: Charla (Amazing Race), Trishelle (MTV Real World Las Vegas), Andrew Firestone (The Bachelor), Jonny Fairplay (Survivor) and Omarosa (The Apprentice). So what made this episode so spectacular? Well I watched an hour and the only entertaining aspect of it was Jonny and Omarosa's obvious hatred of each other. For the hour I watched not 1, I mean ZERO, hands were raised pre-flop. It was the most passive poker that I have ever seen. I am by no means a great NLHE player BUT I would have made a ton of dough off these people. Celebrities choosing to go on this show should at least watch 1 of the 400 hours of poker televised every week! Thank Dan for this poker rant!

TV My Friend:
First off I am sooo stoked about both Curb and Extras tomorrow night. Thursday nights are booked with: Survivor, ER, The OC, Reunion, Everybody Hates Chris, and Alias. Survivor so far has been great. First, Gary Hogeboom is one of the survivors and he is lying to everyone telling them he is a landscaper. One of the people from the opposing tribe works in sports radio and last week called him out a little. Should be intriguing. This season of Survivor has been brutal for the contestants, which to me is entertaining. The OC - a solid formula for a night time soap. Just loving this season with the drama etc.... Watching ER as I type and it is ER. Just ER. Still a show I enjoy but it is getting to the point that they have to end this show as it is just the same stuff over and over, albeit intriguing. Stay tuned for Drucker's thoughts on Extras and Curb.

Other Sports Stuff:
Baseball: The Angels are leading now and hopefully on their way to their 8th straight. Good time to start playing really well. Monday they start a 4 game set against the A's and I have hopes that the Angels can at least hold their 4 game lead so that all they really need is to win 1 of 4. My fingers are still crossed.


1 comment:

Dan Ciruli said...

It is so fucking sweet that I got mentioned in Drucker's blog! I fucking rule! (sorry about the language, Penny--but don't worry, I'm sure this will get redacted faster than testimony against Rumsfeld)