Sunday, September 25, 2005

Parallel Parking

Prius Update:
So today I am parked at this event for my synagogue. I was hanging out with my exhausted daughter when someone walks up and asks if the black Prius is mine. In the process of finding a parking spot 2 blocks away she butchered her parallel parking and scraped the heck out of the driver’s side rear bumper (the corner). The amazing thing is that she owned up to it, just impressively honest to me. I got her info and was able to clean most of the scratch but still…. the freaking car is 4 days old. So I am going to find out the cost for a new bumper cover (that is what it is called) and see if she wants to deal with insurance or pay out of pocket. What a freaking pain. On Tuesday I am going to get bent over selling back my Passat. Quite a loss I will take.

Baseball Update:
Well 1 week left, a 4 game lead. If I were a fan of any team other than the Angels I would feel moderately confident right now (well maybe the Cubs). The Angels have blown other leads before so these next 4 games are going to be the key. The Angels really just need to take 1 of the 4 against the A’s (which would give them a 2 game lead with 3 to play). Although that would suck I am hopeful.

Poker on TV:
So for the 3 or 4 people that read my blog yesterday, remember how I commented that I hate Celebrity Poker Showdown? Ok so today because of 2 things (1) I am an idiot, and 2) I am a complete idiot) I found myself watching the Championship Tournament of CPS. The players were: Kathy Najimy (surprisingly good player but oddly uncomfortable playing), Cheryl Hinds (funny as all hell), Stephen something (from 7th Heaven), the dude from Tilt on ESPN, and Andrew Firestone (The Bachelor). Ridiculously bad (but better than the other episode) poker. Why do I watch that crap? Oh yeah I am an idiot! Btw… I didn’t even see who won.

TV in General:
Watched Curb and Extras tonight. Curb was Curb which is funny and odd and funny. Makes you appreciate Seinfeld a bit as Larry David IS George. Well, it also makes you less than appreciate the acting that Jason Alexander did as he just aped LD. Then Extras. Freaking hilarious. Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant got Kate Winslet in a nun’s habit to curse and speak astoundingly raunchy. Just a great concept for a show well executed.

1 comment:

Dan Ciruli said...

Seriously. Three or four people read that yesterday?

That totally sucks about your car. Totally. I would have gone crazy ape-poop on that lady.