Thursday, September 08, 2005

Crash


So yesterday rocked as a day up until about 3:30.

Morning Hannah rocked, perky and happy. So much fun. Love the goodbye hug. Have I mentioned any of this yet.

Work was work but I found out that I might be getting a Prius sooner than later as a dealership in SJ has access to one that is as they put it 'unspoken for'. So that rocked.

Then we get an email from the CEO of the company stating 2 things:
  1. we get the week off between Xmas and New Years (which has become expected here, god help them the year they decide to change that policy, all hell will break loose)
  2. they are giving all regular employees a new, BRAND NEW, iPod Nano. How cool is THAT?
So I leave work all jazzed. Get to an intersection and blammo.... This woman decides to start making a turn to get on the freeway and then STOPS in the middle of the intersection. I rear ended her (with all of 10 feet of acceleration time) because I wasn't paying attention. Her car is a beater of a 1989 Civic. All was ok with my car, literally no damage. So there we go. UGH! Spoke to the insurance company today and well what is interesting is that since there was no damage to my car I don't have to pay a dime out of pocket. Should be interesting.

Politics:
So Bush's approval is lingering around 34%. Maybe this is his downfall? Vacation during the storm? God help us all if the republicans carry more seats in the mid-term elections next year. And how long can JP Stephens carry on for? That would be a tragic blow to civil rights.

Sports:
The NFL season kicks off today with the Raiders going against the defendign champs. The Raiders are boned. This game will be a blow out only kept close by the fact that the Raiders offense is decent. NE 28 - Oak 14.

The Angels continue to slide but thankfully are still up by 1/2 a game. I hate being a passionate fan! As Dan puts it... my love of a sports team is 'quaint'.

Go Bears!

Entertainment:
The fall TV season kicks into gear tonight with the start of The OC and Reunion yes I am a dork but hey TV is not all that evil is it? Reunion is a cool premise as it starts in 1986 and each episode is a year all leading to 2006 where some murder is solved. Interesting premise, very 24ish but I like smart ideas not the same crap. Good times. I will write my review tomorrow. YAY TV!

1 comment:

Dan Ciruli said...

28-14? You were WAY off!