Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Larry King

Gracious offer of the Week:
Remarkable to me that they are now going to have to destroy the Superdome in the wake of the hurricane. The oddest and most 'generous' gesture was San Antonio offering to host the Sugar Bowl in place of New Orleans. How nice of them to offer to gain MILLIONS of dollars in revenue and tourism dollars, what sweethearts!

Family Stuff:
Random boring Peanut information.... What is better than coming home from a long day of work and having your sweet daughter run to you as you get out of your car, hug you, and express "I missed you so much!" Melts my heart just recalling it. Ahhhhh. :)

So what is next?

Sports:
Cal football is boned unless 'The White Michael Vick' aka Ayoob steps up on Saturday. Fortunately we have some pretty cake games coming up so he can get his legs under him but I have very little confidence until I see some actual plays. Should be an interesting game on Saturday as it is a conference game. UGH, sometimes I hate Cal sports because I care too damn much. Good times!

I also was in a GREAT NCAA survivor pool for a total of one week. The pool basically has you picking as many top 25 games as you want earning points for # of wins, but if you lose 1 game you are done. Well out of the 57 participants 44 of us chose Oklahoma. Freaking Sooners! At least this week the NFL starts.

Technology:
Well still in love with my remote. The Harmony 880. This is the 5th, yes 5th, version of a Harmony remote that I have had (thank god there are suckers on eBay that buy things at a premium) and it is by far the best. Just a great solid feel. GREAT buttons. As with all Harmony remotes the programming and customization is done via the web. These remotes are activity based so you define what your devices are and then you set up activities, like : Watch TV, Watch DVD, Listen to Radio and so on. Each of these activities take you through a wizard that assigns the functions and inputs. Really pleased with this. Robin is even happy with the upgrade (generally frustrated each time I decide to change remotes).

Entertainment:
My hero Ricky Gervais will have a new show on HBO coming up and it basically looks like he is playing the same character from the office but hell I am going to watch it. 9/25 after Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I feel like my blogs are turning into Larry King columns as they are strings of non-sequitors but I am the first to admit that my blog really sucks.

1 comment:

Dan Ciruli said...

Do you know how I know you're gay?